Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We stayed busy this past weekend and enjoyed the cool fall weather!  On Saturday, the girls and I went to the pool with the Stevens clan.  Their neighborhood has a toddler pool, so Bridget was able to play in the water without me holding her, so she was thrilled!  Despite being in the upper 80's, it was a little chilly with the breeze, but we stayed and swam for a couple of hours.

On Sunday, we went over to Grandma and Papa's and decorated monkey cupcakes with the boys.  Here are our little workers...

Bridget just wanted to eat the M&M eyes, so Mommy helped decorate her cupcake!
And here is Audrey's finished product!
Yesterday we took advantage of the Labor Day sales and bought new living room furniture.  The leather set that we spent a fortune on at Macy's about 7 1/2 years ago was starting to deteriorate rapidly.  We took the girls to Toys R Us afterwards for being so patient while we furniture shopped and Bridget now owns her own bumble bee Pillow Pet and Audrey got an Ahsoka action figure (she is from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon).  Audrey asked Bridget what she wanted to name her bee and Bridget said "A bee?"  Audrey replied with "Abee?  I think that's a great name, Bridget!"

Here is B looking thrilled on the ride at the toy store:

We assumed that Audrey would want to be Aayla Secura for Halloween, but they don't make costumes for her.  We found an Ahsoka costume and thought we could fool her into thinking it was Aayla.  As soon as Andy showed her the picture, she said "That's Ahsoka, not Aayla.  Aayla doesn't wear boots.  And she wears pants, not a skirt, and she doesn't have a bow tie on her skirt..." and she went on and on!

Then she said that she wanted to be a butterfly for Halloween.  When Andy said "I thought you wanted to be Aayla?" she replied "I'm already Aayla!"  Duh!!  Every morning, she asks "Is it Halloween Day yet?"  It's so much fun now that she understands holidays and gets excited for them, although I'm not happy that I have a month and a half left to explain why it's not Halloween yet.

No comments: