Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BFFs

For some strange reason, on Thursday, Andy decided that he would take the front part of the crib off, converting it into a toddler bed.  I knew Bridget wasn't ready for that yet, but he had started taking it apart before I got into the room.  Bridget thought it was pretty cool and went to bed fairly quickly for Andy that first night.

We weren't so lucky the next couple of nights.  I had to just let her crash in my lap at nap time and she was staying up and fighting bedtime until 10:30 or 11:00 before she would finally go to bed.  Even then she would end up in our room about an hour later.  Last night, at 9:30, I was tired and fed up, so I went and put the front back on her crib.  Guess who slept in her bed all night?  Andy is trying to make my baby grow up too fast!

When Andy first took the front off of the crib, Audrey cried for about 15 minutes because Daddy broke Bridget's bed.  On Saturday, she decided that it was pretty cool that she could lay in bed with Bridget, so after B fell asleep for nap time, Audrey said "I'm going to go lay down with Bridget."  She almost fell asleep too, but ended up coming downstairs about 20 minutes later.  I see lots of sleepovers in their future!


This picture is of the girls at Home Depot.  Audrey wanted to hold Bridget's hand the whole time, but B wanted nothing to do with that.  They did walk around with their arms around each other for a little while.  Right after I took this picture, Audrey said "Bridget is my best friend forever!"

I got Braves tickets from a company that we do business with, so on Sunday Andy and I got to go out to a nice dinner downtown and then to the Braves/Cardinals game with our friends Chad and Kristen.  It was Kristen's first Braves game and unfortunately the Cardinals killed us, but we had awesome seats!  We were 9 rows back from home plate and our tickets had food credits on them, so we had free drinks - who knew that they had wine at the ball game?  :)


Yesterday I dropped off all of my baby stuff for a consignment sale.  This sale just takes fall/winter clothes, and even with just two seasons worth of clothes, I had so many outfits that the volunteers asked me how many girls I had.  I have even more clothes saved up for the spring/summer sale.  They are going to think I gave birth to a litter of girls when I drop that stuff off next year!

No comments: