We had a busy holiday weekend that started with cousins Ian and Dylan coming over on Saturday night. On Sunday, both sets of grandparents came up for a cookout and to come with us for the girls first fireworks show!
We sat far enough back that it wasn't too loud and I think both girls really liked it. The fireworks started an hour and a half past Bridget's bedtime, so the poor little thing was a zombie by the time the show started. She would watch for a little while, clap and say "Yay!" and then try to run down the sidewalk. Grandma Carol and I had quite a workout! You can see how sleepy she is in this picture and this is before the fireworks even started.
Audrey really enjoyed the show. I think she got a little bored in the middle, but she perked up at the grand finale and said that she wanted more fireworks!
They both managed to stay awake on the drive home and then camped out in the tent in the backyard with Daddy. I had the whole bed to myself so I popped some Tylenol PM and slept very well!
Audrey acknowledged the fact that Roscoe wasn't here for the first time yesterday. We took a walk on the Greenway and when we loaded Hazel into the dog box, Audrey said "That side is Roscoe's side. We miss him. It makes me feel sad." :( We miss him too, baby.



No comments:
Post a Comment