Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Baby

Bridget has been all about baby dolls lately.  Until recently, the only dolls we had were Audrey's.  She doesn't play with them much and she is usually good about letting B play with them, but I went ahead and got Bridget her own baby doll.  She carries that baby (and sometimes 2 of Audrey's) around the house and hugs it, pats it's back, pushes it around in the stroller, rocks it and sings to it.  For some reason, she prefers to have two babies with her (maybe she wants to have twins like Aunt Tina?).  If you just hand her one baby, she will cry and say "A baby!  A baby!" until you hand her another.

This picture is out of focus b/c I took it with my phone in the dark, but this was her last night.  She fell asleep tightly hugging her twins.



We found a big praying mantis on my car yesterday.  Check out B's "WTF" look in the reflection.  It made me chuckle when I looked back at the picture!

Audrey also found a little white (dead) moth on the ground that she carried around the driveway and named Olivie (like Olivia without the A.  She is creative with her names - she has a stuffed sheep named Daphne too!).  Well, she dropped Olivie and cried and cried because her best friend was missing and she missed her.  When Andy got home from work, she ran up to him crying and said "You got rid of Olivie.  I miss her."  He had NO idea what she was talking about! 

Blaming random people for things is something new that she has been doing lately.  A couple of weeks ago, we found a dead butterfly on the ground and I said "Oh, someone ripped his wing and he couldn't fly," to which she replied "Yeah, I think Uncle Jason did it."  There is an orange marker stain on her sheets and she noticed it yesterday and said "Tyler got orange on my sheets.  He had orange sticky candy and ruined my sheets!"  I had to assure her that Tyler has not been eating orange candy in her bed!  The imagination of a 3 1/2 year old is interesting!

No comments: