After work yesterday, I packed up the girls and we went up to Lake Lanier for an evening cruise on Jenny and Sam's new pontoon boat (I totally want one now!). It was a little rainy, so we just hung out on the boat at the marina for a little while. I wasn't sure how the girls would react once we got moving, but they smiled at the wind in their hair and Audrey yelled "I'm not scared. I'm having fun!"
Jenny asked her if she wanted to drive the boat and she said "I can't drive. I'm just a kid. I'm too short and not too tall." :)
We pulled up to an island to swim and grill hot dogs and the second I set Bridget down, she ran right into the water like she can swim or something. She loved it! Audrey wouldn't get any deeper than waist deep, so Jenny took B out to float with everyone. She kept looking at me and saying "Ta da!" My stupid camera batteries were dead, so I took this with my phone:
It's kind of fuzzy (and sideways - thanks Blogger), but I zoomed in on Bridget's face so you can see that big ol grin!
We got everyone back on the boat to eat and Audrey was mad that she couldn't play in the water anymore, but after I showed her how to throw food down to the dozens of little blue gill that were around the boat, she didn't mind. She told Andy that her favorite part of the trip was throwing food to the fish!
It started to sprinkle again as we finished eating, so Madeline drove us back to the marina.
This morning, I was treated to a mani/pedi from Audrey. I think a career as a cosmetologist is not in her future! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment