Sunday, May 2, 2010

Talk, talk, talk

Sorry I've been MIA, but I just finished my first week of working five days in a row since having Audrey.  I enjoy getting off at 2 pm because I have time to run any errands I need to before I pick up the girls and I will still have time to make late afternoon doctor's appointments for them.  Thanks to Grandma Mary for taking Audrey to ballet class on Thursday!  This picture is from class two weeks ago.  B got to go in and have her own fairy princess wand:


Bridget is really starting to talk up a storm and tries to repeat everything.  After we finish a book, she says "De Eh" (The End), she knows that a sheep says "baa" and a cow says "boo," and she says "Ah Boo" after someone sneezes.  When we finish our last book before bedtime and I start to get up to put her in her crib, she says "uh oh!"  and every time you ask her something, she shakes her head and says "uh uh."

Miss Audrey also continues to crack us up with the stuff that comes out of her mouth.  Andy was watching one of the new Star Wars last night and when C-3PO came on the screen, she said "Look, there's Crazy Leo."  It sounds similar if you say C-3PO fast enough!  The other day, Bridget kept turning off the TV and Audrey yelled "Bridget!  You are so cute and bad!"  :)

I missed the neighborhood garage sale because it rained and I didn't want to drag all of my stuff out only to have it get drizzled on, so now I have a garage full of baby stuff and will have to pick a Saturday this summer to do it on my own.  A couple of days before what was supposed to be the garage sale, I decided to go through my closet again and get rid of some more clothes, shoes and purses (I also discovered that I have a lot of tote bags for some reason).  When I walked out of my bedroom, I saw this:

I asked Audrey if I had missed an animal parade and she said 'No, this is school.  I'm the teacher and these are the little kids."  Apparently they were having nap time.  Every once in a while one would wake up and she would go over and pick it up.  Then she would yell "Time to get up!"  That's about all they did at Audrey's school.  I just thought it was adorable because it was the first time she played school.

I scheduled a haircut for Audrey today - she hasn't had one in probably a year, so she is way overdue.  Keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't freak out at the salon!

No comments: