Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend started on Friday with these cute gifts from daycare.  They couldn't have taken a better picture of Bridget though?  She kind of looks like a baby terrorist. :)  Blogger won't put this picture in the correct way for some reason, so you'll have to tilt your head.


On Saturday, we went over to Steph's and had our Mother's Day/Pete's birthday cook out.  The weather was beautiful and the kids wore themselves out playing outside.  Here is B on the baby swing - I love that dimpled smile!

Although I did not get to sleep in on Sunday (yes, I'm calling you out on the blog, Andy), I had a great day with my favorite girls.  Andy and the girls planted some fruits and veggies in my garden for Mother's Day on Thursday, so that was my gift.  I can't wait until everything is ready to eat.  Our peach trees have a ton of tiny peaches on them too!  We had brunch over at Tina's and then spent the rest of the day playing outside.  I had my favorite food for dinner - Chinese delivery!

Audrey drew her very first smiley face while writing in cards for the Grandma's this weekend.  The big circle in the middle is the nose and the eyes are way up top near the hair.  I was so proud of her for drawing this! 

Miss Bridget hurt my feelings this past week.  When I picked her up from daycare on Tuesday, she cried and tried to get away from me, and then on Wednesday when I got home, she didn't run over and hug me like she usually does.  Then, she cried when Grandpa Pete left.  I suppose she is mad at me that I am working more, but what can you do?  If she wants to continue wearing brand name diapers, then Mama has to work! ;)

She does like me sometimes, though, and during those times, I get the best hugs and kisses!

No comments: