I've finally been remembering to jot down the cute things that the girls do, but now I have a bunch of random stuff that won't make for a flowing post, so here is just some random stuff! Also, Audrey doesn't sit still for photos, so this one on the left is the best you are going to get of her! :)I am so used to doing everything for Audrey that I sometimes forget to slow down and let her try things for herself. She got some new jammies last weekend and she wanted to wear one pair the night we got them, which was fine except that it was like 5:30. I told her that I would let her wear them after dinner. The next thing I know, she came walking in the kitchen with her jammies on. She had gotten undressed and dressed (correctly) all by herself! She also likes to fasten her shoes by herself and has learned to undo the seatbelt. Luckily she hasn't tried this while the car is moving.
Andy brought home a wooden puzzle of the United States. Audrey isn't very into puzzles and typically needs help with them. After a couple of days of playing with this one, she can now do it all by herself! She evens knows the names of some of the states and she can knows where Mommy, Daddy and she and Bridget were born. She can also point to some of the states on the map. This past weekend, she called New Hampshire "New Hamster." I thought it was funny, so when Andy got home, I said "Tell Daddy the name of this state." She thought for a minute and said "New Guinea Pig!" They look similar! ;)
In Bridget news, she was moved up to the 1-2 year old room at daycare this week. They said that they had been testing her out to see how she would do and at naptime, when they put the mats on the floor, she would walk over to one and lay down for a nap with the other kids. That just floored me because at home, the stars have to be aligned just right for her to go down for a nap without a fight. I couldn't imagine getting Miss Busy to lay on the floor in the middle of the room to sleep. I suppose when she sees her little buddies do it, she figures she should join them. She's already giving in to peer pressure at 15 months old! Below is her "Cuddle Gram" from school yesterday - I thought it was cute. I also wonder what kind of art that they were doing with a bunch of one year olds that Bridget didn't try to eat!
This picture cracks me up. "Hello DFACS? I really think you need to get out here and help me and my baby!"
And this photo is after Audrey styled B's hair with dirty sandbox water this weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment