Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Bridget!

Saturday was Bridget's first birthday! We had a small party for her and I ordered up some rare 70 degree weather so that we could use Tina's bouncy house for the big kids.

Bridget had fun bouncing, then we came in for snacks, presents and cake!

She was the neatest little cake eater that I've ever seen. She just took her thumb and finger and picked off tiny bites.

Here are the rest of the photos:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGik


This morning was her checkup. Like a dummy, I scheduled her appointment right before nap time thinking she could just crash in the car on the way home, and although she did do that, she was also sleepy and grumpy throughout her checkup. She glared at the doctor with her eyebrows furrowed the whole time, but she took her shots and her toe prick for a blood test like a champ! When the nurse came in with the shots, Audrey said "It's not Audrey's turn, it's Bridget's turn!" Way to look out for your baby sis, Audrey!

Her official stats are 18 lb 11 oz (10-25th %) and 29" (50th %). In comparison, Audrey's stats were 20 lbs, 14 oz (50%) and 30 1/4 inches (75-90%). Also, Bridget's baby cousin Dylan is 6 months younger than her and weighs over 19 lbs! Since she's so tiny, her pediatrician recommends keeping her rear facing until she's about 15 months, so I guess we won't be getting rid of the infant car seat any time soon.
Bridget's teacher recorded B saying "chicken" on her phone for me to hear. So, now she says Dada, Audrey (Ah Dee), Hazel (Hay Dah), Thank You (Tah Too) and Chicken!! Still no Mama!

One last picture... Andy still swears that Bridget looks like him and Audrey, but everyone else thinks she favors me and the Hoffman side more. Here is a picture that proves it (I think). What do you think?

1 comment:

LMC09 said...

I just came across your blog. She looks so cute!