Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


This past Saturday was my birthday (the big double 3's), so we spent all weekend celebrating. We started out by going to Taco Mac on Friday night. Poor Bridget came home from daycare with a shiner from falling on a toy, then she smacked her head onto the table at the restaurant - I'm surprised nobody called DFACS on us!


On Saturday, I wanted to do something that everyone would enjoy, so since we had never been to Sawnee Mountain, we took a family hike. Audrey loved it! She picked up rocks and nuts along the trail, then put them back because "they belong to the forest" as she said.

She said that she had to go potty when we were almost to the top and refused to try to pee in the woods. Luckily, she was so entranced when she got to the top, she forgot all about it (she even made it back down without an accident!). She kept looking around and saying "I'm looking at the earth! I see a farm!" She also claimed to see Grandma's house and car - she must have amazing eye sight if she can see all the way to Roswell or Marietta!
Although there was only a four foot drop to some other rocks before the sharp drop off, I couldn't sit on the edge with Andy and Audrey. In fact, I had a hard time watching Audrey so close to the edge without my palms getting all sweaty.

I guess Bridget had a good time too since she managed to stay awake until we got back to the car and didn't cry about anything. (Time for a haircut.... yuck!)


This picture was supposed to look like Audrey had slid off the rock and was trying to climb her way back up, but she doesn't look panicked enough to pull it off!

Andy got a shot of all of us on the top of the mountain and a cute video of Audrey on his camera, so I'll post those as soon as I can steal his memory card.
Saturday night we grilled out at Grandma and Papa's with the Stevens clan and we spent Sunday evening with the Farbotko side. Right after I told Grandma Mary that Bridget was still army crawling, she got up on all fours and made it about four paces! She also proved that she was my Chinese food loving daughter by stealing Grandma's egg roll and munching on it for about 10 minutes. :)

No comments: