Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dancing Queen

Audrey had her first ballet class on Thursday and she loved it! When we first got dressed to go, she had a meltdown because she didn't want to be a ballerina, she wanted to wear her Ariel costume. I had to explain that we were not playing dress up, but going to a class! Once we got to the room and she saw the two other little ballerinas in the room, she got the idea and started dancing right away!




The class was adorable. The teacher is doing a great job of making it fun, so the kids don't really know that they are learning. The did some dances with stuffed teddy bears, wands, tutus and tiaras, and and pretended to be a galloping horse in order to learn to run on their toes.

I was really proud of how Audrey listened and followed direction!

I don't know why this one won't switch the correct way, but it's still cute seeing the little ballerinas all lined up on their carpet "lily pads." That is a big stuffed frog in the middle that they had to point their toes and tickle.

When we got out to the car, Audrey told me that she wanted more dance class, and before bed, she walked up to Andy and I and said "I really liked dance class. Really, Daddy." :)
Here is a quick clip I shot with my iPhone. Audrey is the tall one with the long ponytail.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

"Audrey is the tall one with the long ponytail." For some reason that made me laugh. Of course she is! ;) I'm glad she's enjoying it so much!