We had a fun, busy Easter weekend. We spent Saturday over and Grandma and Papa's. We quickly learned that Audrey is going to spend the summer with bruises and scrapes all over her knees. She fell twice while running on the flat driveway.
On Sunday, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house where Audrey got even more scrapes by falling on the flat street pavement. We are going to have to get her some knee and elbow pads!
Aside from the boo-boos, Audrey had a chocolate-filled fun time all weekend long. The Easter Bunny put a ballerina Barbie in her basket, which she really loved! Bridget got spoiled by the Stevens' boys on Saturday. Tyler would adjust her blanket while she was sleeping and make funny faces at her when she was awake. Ryan let her nap with his favorite puppy, and Jack offered up his pacifier when she was crying.
Although I had my camera, I did not get any pictures on Sunday because I was starting to go into freak out mode about starting work on Monday. As soon as we pulled out of the Farbotko's driveway, I started crying and cried all night about having to leave tiny Miss B.
I had Andy drop the girls off at daycare (he ended up having to go into work) because my office moved locations while I was out and I had no idea where I was going and how long it would take to get there. I was on the verge of tears all day, but managed to keep it together. I did, however, leave a major component of my pump at home and had to find a Babies R Us to purchase the part so I wouldn't explode! I was not too pleased to discover that with traffic, I have an hour drive, plus everyone ransacked my desk while I was out and I couldn't find a pen, scissors, my wireless mouse (which later resurfaced) or my printer!
The girls did fine at daycare. Andy arrived to find the girl at the front desk holding Bridget b/c she wanted to cuddle with her, and the first thing Audrey said was "Let's go see Mommy!"
The darling kitties brought me three gifts last night because they were so happy that I was home. First, they brought in a (dead) lizard and (dead) mouse. Andy stuck them in a bag and was showing Audrey. She was so proud of Daddy, saying "Look Mommy! Daddy caught a lizard and a mouse!" Way to go Daddy! She also said "They're having a party!" That isn't really a party I want to go to, but whatever!
At 1:30 in the morning, I heard some squeaking and woke Andy up only to discover a baby bunny running around our bedroom. Roscoe chased him downstairs and by the time Andy got to him.... let's just say that the bunny joined the party with the lizard and the mouse.
To end on a cuter note, here is Bridget in the sweater that Grandma Carol knit for her:

No comments:
Post a Comment