Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bridget Anne is Here!

Bridget Anne arrived on Friday 2/20. I woke up at about 1:30 am on Friday with pretty strong contractions that were 10 minutes apart. All of the books say not to call the OB until they are 5 minutes apart, so I just let it go. Mary arrived at the house at 9, and right about then they started coming at 4 minutes apart. We called the OB and jumped into the car at around 9:30 am. By the time I got to the hospital, my contractions were 2 minutes apart.

They brought me straight back to a room and said that I was fully dilated and there was no time for the epidural! I started pushing right away (I pushed so hard that I broke every blood vessel in my face -I looked freaky for three days) and Bridget was born at 10:23 am. She was 7 lbs, 4 oz and 21 inches long. She seems so much tinier than Audrey was. By Saturday night, her weight had dropped to 6 lbs 10 oz, so we had to start supplementing the poor little thing with formula.


Audrey was a little shy when she first met Bridget, then she proudly told everyone who walked into the room "That's baby sister!" She also gave her a few kisses and played This Little Piggy on Bridget's tiny toes - so sweet!

Yesterday Mom and I took Bridget to the pediatrician for her first checkup. Her weight was at 6 lbs, 11 oz - her newborn clothes swallow her up she's so tiny! Everything checked out perfectly and we go back next week for a one week checkup. Audrey was precious at the doctor - she talked the whole time. "Looking at baby's tummy? That's baby's ears."

Today I was on my own for about 3 hours and totally lost it. Having two kids is totally different - it was non stop with someone always needing something. I felt totally out of control of everything and just had to stop, take a deep breath, and realize that the world wasn't going to collapse if there is a crying kid! I have no idea how Tina did it with twins!

There was a lot of other cute stuff that I was going to add on here, but I can't remember any of it! Instead, here is a link to all of our other photos:

3 comments:

ALISON BZ said...

I know its alittle late, but congrats!!! She is gorgeous.

Krystle said...

Congrats again! She is just stunning!

You will get the hang of two kids in no time. What usually happens here is we'll be fine and dandy all day then all of a sudden both kids need me and they're screaming and I wanna lose it! (sorry, I probably scared you!)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I just made my way over here finally and see she's beautiful. Hugs!!