Thursday, January 15, 2009

Potty Training Update

We had kind of a mini-breakthrough today, but I'm not sure if it means that she's ready or not ready. I started the day by bringing her potty chair to the powder room and we had one of her dolls go potty. Audrey played that game for quite a while and had Puppy go pee pee on the potty. She then grabbed the potty chair and drug it out to the living room in front of the TV, so I thought, "What the heck - maybe she'll sit on it to watch her Disney cartoon."

I stripped her down and she sat on the potty for quite a bit, but never peed on it. I had some of her big girl underwear downstairs, and I noticed that every time she asked to put on a pair of panties, she would pee soon afterwards in the panties. I would try to get her to sit on the potty every once in a while and even bring her to it before putting the panties on and after she peed, but she'd still scream and resist.

I thought it was a good thing that she seems to know when she has to pee and asks for the panties, but Tina seems to think that it just means that she prefers to pee with pants on. That along with the fact that she is resisting sitting on the potty when asked to may mean that she's not ready.

I don't want to push it on her is she isn't ready, so now I'm back to square one trying to decide whether to move forward or forget about it until after the baby comes. I wish you could just hire someone to come in and potty train for you - it's pretty time consuming!

No comments: