I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year's Eve. Although we were invited to a couple of parties, we decided to stay in and relax since we have been so busy the past month or so. For some reason, Andy thought it would be relaxing to have the boys come over and spend the night. I was a little hesitant about the idea, but it turned out all right!
Tina and Jason brought them over and after we all had dinner, Andy set up a tent in the living room. Here are some shots of the kids practicing sleeping in the tent:
Tina and J snuck out around 8:30ish (with threats of cutting our phone lines and turning off their phones!) and we tried getting the kids settled around 9:30. I had the three toddlers pretty calm in the tent, so I sent Andy and Tyler upstairs so we could have some quiet. Unfortunately, the twins then thought it would be fun to throw themselves against the pillows and kick the walls of the tent. Audrey was so tired that her eyes were practically rolling back in her head, but she kept getting up to join in the fun and was wandering around in a daze.
I had Andy and Tyler come back down and Andy set the tent up in front of the TV so that everyone would sit down. I tried to take Audrey up to her room, but she said that she wanted to sleep in the tent, so I left her with the guys and went upstairs to bed with the dogs at 10:30.
The kids fell asleep soon afterwards and slept pretty well until the next morning. Jack whined a few times when he lost his paci or puppy (at which times Miss Bossy would wake up and tell him to lay down and go to sleep) and Miss Bossy popped her head up and smiled at Andy a few times (he slept on the floor outside of the tent door). Here are the sleeping kids/whiney Jack - these were taken right around midnight:
All in all, I think they all had a great time (I did, since I had the whole bed to myself) and maybe we've started a little New Year's Eve tradition with the kids. Next year, Tina and J can keep all five kids at their house though! ;)

1 comment:
If we had known, we would have dropped Emma off too! ;)
Post a Comment