Saturday, August 16, 2008

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

So, this is how I found my daughter when I picked her up from daycare today:


There is a bite mark under her right eye, top and bottom set of little teeth (I enhanced the color in the picture because it was too washed out. Audrey does not have blue eye shadow on)! Luckily it didn't break the skin, but it's definitley red and will probably bruise up a little more. I may have to go up to the daycare and kick some little toddler's butt! I know kids will do things like that, but I'm also concerned that Audrey will learn about biting others. I'm assuming she didn't bite back, but I'm hoping the kid at least got a good shove!

We have a new obsession in our house - Finding Nemo, or Memo as Audrey calls him. It's always been the movie that she'll pay the most attention to, but for the past couple of days, she'll bring it to me and say "Watch!" Being the lazy parent that I am, I'll usually stick it on so I can get some housework done. At the beginning, when the barracuda is about to eat Nemo's mommy, she'll yell "Shark! Shark!" but Coral never hears her and gets eaten every time! She also yells "Memo! Memo!" when he is getting taken away by the scuba diver.

Audrey also has a new favorite phrase - "What's that?" We hear this ALL day long. If she says it and you are not in the room w/her, she'll just repeat it over and over again until you go and look at what she's pointing to. I guess it's good that she's inquisitive!

She is also becoming quite useful. Last night, Andy finished a bag of pretzels, and she grabbed the empty bag from him and put it in the trash without any prompting!

Cute stuff she's been repeating from us:

- When she puts her shapes in the shape sorter, she'll say "Good job, Audrey!"

- We were naming colors and she was staring at a red circle. I said "Red" to which she replied "Red, that's right" just like I would say to her.

- She dropped a DVD case on my toe and I said "Ow!" She looked up at me and said "You're okay."

This new baby is not a fan of fruit. Whenever I drink apple juice or eat apples or peaches, I get violently sick about 20 minutes later. I found most of my pregnancy books, but I can't find where I stored my baby name books or my Doppler (which is probably good since I would obsess over it after my last visit!). You'd think they would be in the back bedroom which is stacked to the ceiling w/Audrey's old infant stuff, but they aren't. Oh well.

Here are a couple of pictures from my phone to finish off the post:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor Audrey! Hope it gets better soon.

I just found a baby name book when I was going through stuff in the basement yesterday. You are welcome to borrow it.