We spent the weekend cleaning the carpets - yay! To make a long story short, poor Hazel had some kind of GI issue, and instead of waking us up in the middle of the night, she, being the sweetheart that she is, decided to let us sleep while she took care of her tummy problems. I had to throw out a cute throw rug from Audrey's room and she also got the stairs and the living room on Thursday night.
We rented a carpet cleaning machine and while Andy was cleaning carpets Friday night, the wind from Hurricane Fran knocked our patio table off of the porch. Our umbrella broke and the votive holder that I have that wraps around the umbrella shattered. I also got to pick up broken glass in the dark on Friday. Good times.
On the bright side, the carpets needed cleaning anyway and I figured since it's the end of the summer, patio umbrellas should be on clearance soon!
We finished up the carpets on Saturday and headed over to the Farbotko's for Alex's birthday dinner. Here is what Audrey did while we were cleaning - she sat in her chair and watched Nemo:
Since the carpets were so clean and we had to move a bunch of stuff around to clean, we used today to declutter the house. We got rid of stuff like dog toys that haven't been touched in years, figurines that neither of us like, and we also hung pictures and shelves that we've had just sitting in the guest bedroom for years.
I think now that the weather is nice, the house is clean, and GA football season starts next weekend, I need to talk Andy into hosting a cookout for our friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment