Saturday, April 28, 2012

Proud Mama

There is a new autistic boy in the after school program at the daycare.  Yesterday, the schools had the day off, which meant that there was also no pre-K, so Audrey hung out with all of the after school kids all day.

When I went to pick her up after work, the after school teacher asked me if Miss Carla (the assistant director) had talked to me yet.  I was thinking "Uh oh, what did Audrey do??"  When I said "No..." she told me that Audrey was SO awesome that day.  First of all, Audrey was her teacher helper all day and was a wonderful help.  Then she said "There is a new boy here that is a little different than the other kids and doesn't interact well with other people.  There weren't a lot of girls here today for Audrey to play with so she took it upon herself to take him under her wing.  She was by his side all day and helped him out.  It was so awesome to watch!"

I have to admit, it made me a little teary eyed that my girl is so sweet and compassionate!  I am so proud that we are obviously doing something right with raising the girls! :)

No comments: