Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miscellaneous

I am so far behind on the blog, so this will mostly be a picture post.  These were taken the weekend before last when we went on an evening walk.  We made it about 4 houses down and then just stopped and let the dogs play with the neighbors dog.  When their sprinkler system went off, the girls couldn't resist.

It was fun until Bridget tripped in the driveway and knocked her forehead.  Luckily, the neighbor has granddaughters and had some colorful bandaids, a pink towel and a lollipop to make things better!
The next day, Andy took the girls to the Chattahoochee park by our old apartment to go hiking and fishing.


Audrey said that Daddy drove them past our apartment and she said "Yeah, you guys had to move from there to make room for the baby."  Never mind that she arrived 3 1/2 years after we moved from the apartment!

I love this picture of Bridget.  She was eating breakfast before daycare and playing on her laptop.  It reminds me of me on the weekend, drinking my coffee and checking my email!
Last Tuesday we noticed that Audrey's loose tooth was barely hanging on.  Andy asked her if he could pull it and she said yes, but she was holding back tears and trying so hard to be brave the whole time.  She was more worried about whether or not it would bleed than about pain.


Bridget was trying to help by holding her mouth open, but surprisingly, it was not helpful!
Since the girls like to fish so much, I figured we should take them somewhere where they could actually catch something.  There is a local place called the Rainbow Ranch that keeps stocked trout ponds.  We ended up keeping Ethan overnight on Saturday so we had a third little fisherman and the kids all had a blast! Papa came along to help out (I invited him so I wouldn't get stuck touching any fish - ha!).  There are so many trout in these ponds, that you pretty much get something on your hook the second it hits the water.  I was waking back to the car to get jackets when Bridget (Papa) threw the first line out and before I even reached the car, I heard them yell "You've got one!"  I had to tell them to reel slowly so I had time to get back with my camera!
I thought Audrey would be grossed out by the fish, but she was not!  When she got her first bite on the line, she started giggling like a maniac.  She was our "netter" who grabbed all of the fish when they came to the side of the pond and picked up the fish to put in the bucket.  She even was trying to pick the dying ones out of the bucket!
Ethan was a little scared of the fish, but he got a little more brave as the day went on.  He enjoyed "feeding" the fish in the bucket.  We went to get some more bait and he had put it all in the bucket with the dying fish!

I am proud to say that the girls ate their catch for dinner!  Here are the rest of the fishing pictures.  It was such a fun day!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGq3

The night before fishing, a took the kids on a short walk to make sure everyone would sleep ok.  Sometimes I can't stand the cuteness!




A little side story: Ethan was wrestling with Amos on Saturday and kept calling him Billy.  We asked his parents if they know a dog named Billy that Ethan was mistaking Amos for, but they do not.  Audrey said "Well, maybe Billy is Amos' nickname?"  So, in addition to being called Roscoe all of the time, Amos was also called Billy this weekend!

More funnies:

Andy: "Audrey, do you have to go potty?"  Audrey: "No, I'm just holding myself so I don't pee on myself."

Audrey: "I told all of my friends that you are my stepmother."  Me: "I'm not..."  Audrey: "I thought you said you were.  Did you used to be a stepmother?  You look like one."

Andy: "Can you put my bowl in the sink?". Audrey: "I am not your maid!"

No comments: