Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'm Back

Sorry it's been so long. I used to write a lot of my blog posts from work when I was at my old job and now I have a hard time finding a few minutes to sit down and write.  To get the bad news out of the way first, Avalanche passed away last Friday.  When he was born, he was the a scrawny little white runt.  Andy felt that he needed a strong name to help him grow big and strong, so he named him Avalanche.  It turned out to be quite appropriate, because not only was he a huge white and gray fluff ball, but he was extremely clumsy when he was a kitten.  He would be walking across an empty table and trip over his own feet and fall!  Audrey has dealt with the loss by not wanting to talk about it.  Bridget made us chuckle because she said "He like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Can I have new cat?"  She asks us almost every day if she can have a new cat, but that's not going to happen any time soon!

On to kid news, Bridget started drawing little people.  I discovered it when I drew a circle and asked her if she knew how to draw a smiley face.  She added a face, arms, legs and some hair and now she is a people drawing fool!
 She said that this one is Daddy:

Last weekend was nice out, so I had the back door open and the kids were in and out of the house.  I was in the kitchen making some breakfast sandwiches to freeze (very Martha of me) and Bridget walked in and said "Mommy, I help you cook.  Here, hold my snail!"  When I wouldn't hold her snail or let her touch my food, she got a little upset with me!

Here are a few pictures of my little cutie from my phone.  This is her trying to wink.

And a few of her in her superhero attire.  No ruffles and lace for this girl!

And my two favorite gals (and Nora of course):
I thought we were done with the constant birthday parties, but Audrey had one last weekend and was invited to 2 in the next coming weekends, plus another that both girls are going to.  Audrey proved that she is indeed Andy's daughter at the party we went to last weekend.  It was a party for one of her classmates and there were about 6 little girls from class at the party.  Audrey was definitely the ring leader and all of the girls were following her around.  When the kids were at the table in the party room, Audrey was talking loudly trying to make everyone laugh  (who does that sound like??).  She was singing "Happy Birthday KangaZoom" and telling everyone how she ordered a diet coke with her happy meal that day.

Here is one of Audrey's outfits.  When I told her that the skirt didn't really match the shirt, she said "But princesses wear rainbow colors and the skirt has rainbow colors so I am trying to look like that!"  Since we didn't have to go anywhere that day, I let her be a rainbow princess!  Doesn't she look so much older in this picture?

No comments: