Thursday, March 15, 2012
Star Student
Audrey was the Star Student this week, and since she hates being the center of attention, she was not excited at all (did you get the sarcasm there??). We had an All About Me poster board to fill out for her to bring in on Monday. The daycare director was proud of her for filling it out herself since most of the other kids parents filled theirs out. I can't get over how much Audrey's handwriting has improved over the past few weeks.
On Tuesday, Andy surprised her for showing up to eat lunch with her. We thought she would be all excited to see him, but he was greeted with "What are you doing here?" and he's pretty sure he heard her say "You sit over there and I'll sit over here." She's only 5 and she's already embarrassed by her folks! On Wednesday, she got to bring in a snack for the class and she wanted me to bring in watermelon. One of the other teachers was in the lobby when I dropped off the watermelon and she said "The kids are going to love that! No one has brought in fruit before!" So, now I know that Audrey is eating crappy snacks every Wednesday during Star Student weeks! Today, I surprised her as the mystery reader. She was excited to see me, although she did say "I'm not leaving with you after this." I guess it's good that she loves school so much!
Bridget's drawing is improving too. She brought home a picture of a bird that she colored in school and had drawn a little bird next to it.
Not much else exciting has been going on. Audrey went out to lunch with the ballet girls for one of her friend's birthday last Saturday and then the girls got to spend the night at Aunt Tina's for the first time. They had fun eating pizza and popcorn and watching movies with the boys. Bridget started out in Tyler's room but then asked "Where Audrey?" and ended up sleeping in Jack's room with her big sis. I guess they are so used to sleeping together that they can't sleep apart!
The weather has been really warm so Andy has been doing yard work on the weekends. Bridget is the only one who actually likes helping with yard work.
I can't wait until Bridget is actually helpful in the yard so Andy stops trying to get me to help. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment