Sorry I've been an absent blogger. I feel like all of my free time is spent cleaning the house and doing laundry and such. Only the cool kids wear their Ariel shades inside Kroger.
Last weekend, I decided to take a break from domestic duty and took the girls to go see The Smurfs. I used to LOVE the Smurfs when I was little but I wasn't expecting a lot from the movie. Well, I was wrong because it was really cute! Bridget was a little fidgety towards the end, but Audrey laughed loudly at the appropriate parts and loved the fact that there was a basset hound in the movie!
Audrey still likes pre-K. Her teacher asked me if I was aware of her flamingo obsession (uh, yeah) and said that every time Audrey paints or draws or tells a story, it has to do with flamingos! She also told me that Audrey is always playing with the boys during recess and after school. Audrey told me the other day that one of the boys was trying to kiss her. Watch out Daddy!
Tina found out that the local kid's salon was looking for kids to get free haircuts from their trainee. Who am I to pass up a free haircut, so I signed Audrey up! She got a couple of inches taken off and the lady was supposed to frame her face with the sides, but it doesn't look any different. She needed the trim though, so it was worth it for a free trim!
While we were there, we asked if one of the other stylists could squeeze Bridget in. Her bangs were getting long and the back was all different lengths from her baby hair coming in. Here is a before shot where you can see how long it was getting ,but it was scraggly.
And here is her new bob. It is adorable, but it makes her look like a big girl. :(
Cutting her hair must have zapped all of her energy. She fell asleep in the car on the way home from the salon at about 6:20. I carried her to the couch and around 7ish I tried multiple times to wake her up. I eventually carried her upstairs, put her on my bed and stuck a pull-up on her. I figured she would either wake up right when I was getting ready for bed or at 4 or 5 am. Well, I had to wake her up at 7:15 to get her ready for daycare this morning. That girl crashed for 13 hours!! I wish I could do that
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now you know why I only blog about once every two weeks! Working in an office full time, raising two kids, and keeping up blogs...let's face it, we're Supermoms. :)
Post a Comment