Monday, September 12, 2011

You Sick In The Head?

I mentioned in yesterdays post that I was feeling a little achy - by late afternoon I had a 102 fever and was sweaty and shaky.  Luckily, the girls were happy with cereal for dinner because that's all I could handle.

After they ate, I put them in their jammies and put Nick Jr on my TV so I could lay down.  I was so achy that the breeze from the fan hurt my skin, but when the fan was off, I was super hot, so I put the fan on and lay with one leg outside of the covers.

Bridget came over and jumped on me and Audrey said "Bridget, Mommy isn't feeling well. Leave her alone."  Bridget sat next me and said "You sick?  Where you hurt, your head or your tummy?"

Me: "My head.  I have a fever."

B: "You sick in the head?"  Then she went and got one of her baby blankets and put it over my head.

Me:  "Bridget, I'm not dead.  You don't have to put a blanket over my head!"  She scooted the blanket down to my shoulders and patted my back.

B:  "Your head hurt?  Let me see."  She put her finger up by her mouth and cocked her head to the side and said "Hmmm..."  I told her that she has to feel my forehead with her hand for a fever and she just looked at me, patted my back again and resumed watching TV!

Audrey brought me a blanket too.  "This one is purple and soft."  I felt bad telling them that blankets weren't helping and only making it feel like it was 120 degrees in the room!

Luckily, my fever broke overnight and I was able to go to work today.  I think it's all because of the TLC that I got from my girls! :)

No comments: