Saturday, August 13, 2011

School Days

Audrey had a great first two days of school!  I tried to get some pictures of her in the house with my good camera, but she wouldn't cooperate.  I made her put her back pack on and pose outside so I could snap some shots with my phone.

Bridget saw us and said "Where my backpack?"  She ran to my car, grabbed her backpack and came over to get her picture taken with big sis.

When I got to the daycare to pick Audrey up, one of her teachers said "I wish all of the kids in the class were like Audrey.  She is so sweet!"  That is always nice to hear!  I asked Audrey what she did in class and she said "I colored, danced, builded (her word, not mine), took a nap and played outside."  Sounds like a great day to me!  She was very excited yesterday because the class made Friendship Cake and then got to eat it when it was done.  She brought home her first homework over the weekend - she has to draw a family tree for Monday.

While Andy was mowing the lawn this afternoon, B and I went to the garden to pick tomatoes and peppers.

Andy called us over because he found this little guy.

Audrey has already named him Charlie (which is what she named her caterpillar this spring).  We figured we would let them keep him for a few days, then we will put him back in our back yard.  I don't remember if I mentioned here that we found a turtle laying eggs in our yard this summer.  This turtle isn't one of those, but we are still keeping an eye on the nest - no activity yet!

Audrey wouldn't hold the baby turtle in her hand, but she would hold him in the little water dish.
The girls are at the pet store with Daddy right now getting some stuff for Charlie.

Work went great although working full time is very tiring!  We get home a little before 5:30 and I have to start dinner right away, throw some laundry in, fold and put away laundry from the day before, etc, etc and then it's bath and bedtime.  Some nights, I think Andy and I are probably asleep before the girls!  I'm sure once I get into some routines things will be better!

No comments: