We had a whirlwind of a weekend that started out with a garage sale on Saturday morning. I was pissed when I pulled out the baby car seat, matching stroller and high chair only to find them covered in thick, green, fuzzy mold! I probably could have made decent $$ on them, but instead they went out with the trash today. I only ended up making $50, so it wasn't even worth it to sit outside and roast for four hours!
Later that afternoon, we went down to the Bryant's to celebrate Ian's 3rd birthday. We ended up being a little late because Bridget awoke from her nap with snot all over her face and hair, so she had to take a bath, then Audrey had to change dresses because the one I put on her was not a party dress (her words, not mine!).
Andy and I don't usually get each other cards because you end up spending $3 on something that gets read and trashed, so I had Audrey pick out a Star Wars picture to color for him for Father's Day. I googled "printable Star Wars coloring page" and let Audrey pick an image. This is the image that she chose.
I think it is actually from an old coloring book and someone scanned it in because it's so funny. I tried to convince Audrey to choose another picture, but she liked this one because it had Darth Vader and Princess Leia. I think we have a future sci-fi geek on our hands!
Audrey also decorated a picture frame at school. I had to laugh at the picture in it. Andy and his folks always tell the stories of how Andy was bad at fake smiling for pictures, so Pete would get mad at him for smiling all goofy. Then it would be even harder to fake smile for pictures because he was getting yelled at. Well, apparently Audrey has inherited Andy's bad fake smile gene:
Besides the inappropriate Star Wars picture, the girls also got Andy a new Chattahoochee River annual parking pass, a garden stepping stone (which we still need to make) and I ordered this for him:
We had lunch at Mom and Dad's with the Stevens clan and then headed home to hang out around the house. Andy and the girls set the tent up in the back yard (I'm still not sure why) and Andy wouldn't choose what he wanted for dinner, so we ended up with my favorite dinner, Chinese food! Andy wanted to use chopsticks, so Audrey decided that she wanted to try them too. She has a pretty good method - she just stabbed her food with the end of the chopstick! She asked how she was supposed to get the rice, but quickly lost interest when I tried to show her how to hold the chopsticks and scoop.
I've been missing the little guy lately. As much of a pain in the butt that he was, it's strange not tripping over him in the kitchen or being crushed by him when I sit on the floor. Hazel is not as food motivated as Roscoe was, so when the kids drop food on the floor, I have to call her over and point it out so she'll eat it. She doesn't even eat all of it - my floors are a mess! (I hate to mop. That's probably why my floors are a mess, but I'll blame Hazel because she can't talk back!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment