Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Month Checkup Stats

Bridget had her checkup yesterday. She is 8 lbs, 7 oz (25-50th %) and 21.5 inches long (50-75th %). I looked back through the blog at Audrey's one month stats and she was 9 lbs, 3.75 oz at her one month checkup. Bridget is going to be my petite little thing!

The other day I was in the kitchen and heard Audrey say "I'm feeding Bridget." I ran into the living room to make sure she wasn't actually sticking food in Bridget's mouth and found her with her sleeve pulled up, holding her arm up to the baby's mouth.
She then pulled up her other sleeve and fed Bridget off that arm too. You have to empty both sides, you know!

She must think that all I do is feed the baby (sometimes it does feel like that). Last night we were all sitting on our bed and she looked at me and said "Where's your boobs?" She then pulled down my pajama top until my boob was hanging out, then turned around and continued what she was doing!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You never know though -- Emma weighed what Bridget does now when she was born, and look at what a little squirt she turned out to be. Bridget could go the opposite way.

Also, Emma wants Bridget to know that she said hi to a baby girl who lives across the street yesterday, but this one is about 6 months old, and Emma didn't think she was nearly as cool as baby Bridget! She wanted to say hi so badly when we saw her from across the street, and then as we got closer, I could see what she was thinking: "Oh, wait. That's not a little tiny baby. I'm not so sure I want to say hi anymore." By the time we got up close, she was in typical Emma clam-up mode. She only gets excited for little tiny babies, dogs, and cats, apparently!