Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting Ready for Santa



We have all been busy getting ready for Christmas this week. Audrey kicked off the festivities by helping Grandma Mary bake cookies on Wednesday. The picture below is a pic of a pic that Mary sent over - we need to teach her how to email pictures from her camera! I love Audrey's apron - she looks very official and serious. Look out Martha Stewart!

On Friday, Audrey had her daycare Christmas party. I signed up to bring cupcakes, which I had every intention of baking, but ended up running to Walmart on Thursday morning and buying. She brought home lots of presents for us, including a book with all of the Christmas pictures that she's colored, an ornament and a card. I'm pretty sure the card is supposed to be a candle, but Andy thinks it looks like.... well, just use your imagination!
Audrey spent the night on Friday with Grandma and Grandpa F. because Andy and I both had our company parties that night. On Saturday morning, I finished up my Christmas shopping, picked up Audrey and then Grandma and Papa H. came up to babysit so we could go to two more Christmas parties. We went to one with some of my friends from high school/college and then one with Andy's college buddies. They (Andy's friends) had no idea that we were expecting again and were a wee bit shocked when I came waddling in. Andy apparently doesn't keep in touch with his friends very well!

Today, Audrey and Daddy went outside to ride Audrey's "motorcycle." Andy pushed her a little bit and then tried to teach her how to pedal, with mixed results.


After nap time, Audrey and I attempted to decorate the structurally unsound gingerbread house that I set up in the morning. Here is Mommy's side of the roof:

And Audrey's side:


And the finished product. I gave up after a little while and then realized that my door and window were crooked anyway. Maybe next year I will have more energy to decorate the house and Audrey will understand not to eat all of the decorations!


No comments: