Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas '08

We had a fun, whirlwind of a Christmas this year. We went over to celebrate with the Hoffman side of the family on Christmas Eve. Audrey fell asleep on the way over, and while she was napping, we set up Grandma's new Wii that she bought herself... I mean for the kids! Audrey woke up just in time to come downstairs and bowl the first strike of the evening!

She had so much fun playing that she cried when the boys left. She kept saying "Tyler go home in Aunt Tina's car." It was very pitiful.

When she woke up the next morning, Santa had arrived! Here are a couple of shots of her playing with her new vanity set and with her plastic animals. She likes to give you an animal and make them have conversations, which usually go "What do you like to eat? I like to eat hotdogs!" Sometimes the animals kiss or play patty cake with each other too!
Santa brought some Nemo jammies, and she insisted on wearing the shirt over her clothes all day. Andy had to force it off of her in order to get pictures of her dress later in the day!
The Farbotko clan came up for brunch and presents that afternoon. Audrey and Ian both loved the Baby Snow White that Uncle PJ bought.


After Aunt Steph and Uncle Alex left, Grandma and Papa H came up for dinner. It was nice to have all of the grandparents around - I didn't have to cook or do a thing!

Yesterday, we took Audrey and the dogs to the Chattahoochee River park for a mini nature walk. Audrey kept asking me if I saw the river, but when Hazel jumped in for a swim, she said "Hazel's swimming in the ocean!" I learned yesterday that nature walks aren't much fun when 32 weeks pregnant - I pulled a ligament on my belly and had to pee so bad, and of course we were at a park without bathrooms.

When we got home, Andy took down Audrey's crib (which made me kind of sad) and set up her twin bed. We don't have a comforter for it yet, but Grandma Mary bought her some princess sheets, so we put those on with her crib comforter. She loved it! She didn't even care that her other bed was gone.

Andy read her a couple of stories and then had Hazel jump up on the foot of the bed (we won't let Roscoe sleep with her because he likes to lay on top of people). Besides the company, I think she likes to have Hazel in there because it gives her someone to boss around! Hazel kept getting up and scratching at the door, and we'd hear "Hazel, get away from the door! Hazel, get on the bed! Hazel, stop it! Mommy, Daddy and Roscoe are sleeping!"


The only time she cried is when Puppy fell off the bed, but she went back down after Daddy went in and saved him. We didn't put the guard rails on, but she didn't fall off the bed. This morning, Wingnut pushed the door open and she just sat on her bed until I went in to get her. While I was downloading the pictures off my camera this morning, she saw the pictures of her in bed and said "Oh! Audrey in her big girl bed!" So cute!


This weekend, I plan on taking down the Christmas decorations already so I can focus on getting ready for the baby, finally!

Here are some more Christmas photos. The aren't the best b/c it's hard to take pictures of moving targets!

No comments: