A couple of nights ago, Audrey was struggling to fall asleep (as usual), so Andy went and sat in her room with her for a little while. I could hear her talking away over the monitor, so I had to turn it up to listen. She was asking Andy, Hazel and Wingnut if they had poopy pants. That seems to be her new favorite question. Then she said "Oh Wingnut! Do you need clean water?" She's coming up with creative stalling techniques!
A few minutes later, Andy came downstairs and I could hear Audrey happily talking away still. I asked him how he managed to get out of the room without her freaking out - he had left poor Hazel in there!
About 5 minutes later, Hazel came downstairs, which meant that Audrey had opened her bedroom door. Andy started walking up the stairs and she yells "I'm in Daddy's room!" She was so proud of herself for escaping!
The next morning, Andy got her ready for daycare while I packed a lunch and loaded up the car for daycare/work. When they got downstairs, Audrey asked me if I had poopy pants, then saw Wingnut and said "Good morning Wingnut! Do you have poopy pants?"
So, if you see Audrey any time soon, don't think that you might smell. She asks that question of everyone!
Audrey has taken a liking to a couple of the Christmas decorations. She has a light up Christmas tree that goes with a Little People set. She'll press it so it lights up and sings and say "Oh! It's beautiful!" I also have a little Nativity set that just has Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. She likes to take Mary and make her dance, and she'll carry Joseph around and calls him "Jofus."
I hope this holiday and birthday season doesn't send me into an early labor! They keep piling more and more on me at work, so I'm trying to do as much as I can from home while also decorating for Christmas, getting ready for Audrey's birthday party, finishing Christmas shopping... I'm tired just thinking about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment