Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Great Pumpkin


We have had a busy few days. On Thursday, I took Audrey to her first story time at the library. I was very impressed that she sat by me the whole time and was quiet! She didn't pay a whole bunch of attention to the books, but in her defense, they weren't very good. I was going to take a nap with her when we got home, but she decided not to nap that day. By the time Andy got home from work, we were both so cranky and overtired that he walked in on the two of us crying in the kitchen. Poor Andy will soon have three crazy women in the house!

On Friday, Andy took the front railing off of Audrey's crib to convert it into a toddler day bed. She slept great in it last night and when she woke up this morning, she just sat in bed until I came in to get her. She did roll out after nap time today and she was sitting on the floor in a daze when I ran into her room!
While at the grocery store on Friday evening, Andy bought a Time Life animal pictoral magazine that was at the checkout counter. Audrey has been obsessed with it ever since. She'll ask for her animal book and flip through and either name the animal or ask what it is. The kid is amazing with her animals. She knows random ones like caribou, squid, geckos and wombats!

Today we took our yearly trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm. After Audrey learned that she could not sit on the big pumpkins, she had a good time running around. She was so proud of a baby pumpkin that she picked out!



Here are a few more shots from the day. I couldn't get a good shot of her b/c she never stands still and I realized when we got home that I didn't have a good one of poor Tyler, but he was there too! Here is Audrey sitting on the tractor, which she did not like:



Here is Ryan being Ryan by playing with Uncle Mike's very expensive looking camera:



Here is Jack, whose hair really looked red next to all of the pumpkins:

And here is Franken-Ian!


No comments: