Monday night, Audrey got to meet more great uncles and a great aunt, plus see Great Grandma Carm. Her Great Uncle Ronny borrowed a kiddie pool from a neighbor so Audrey had fun splashing around, although she wouldn't go in unless Mommy was standing in the pool with her.
Tuesday morning was the highlight of Andy's trip. We went to a Cabela's store! He's probably ordered everything off of their online catalog and was very excited to be in an actual store. It's in a new Mills Mall in St. Louis, and it's much nicer than our Mills Mall. I'm a little jealous!
The White Castle by Great Grandma's house was torn down, so I drug Andy and Audrey to a not-as-nice section of town so I could get my "belly bomber" fix. We spent the rest of Tuesday hanging around the house visiting, going to a local park and Andy made one more trip to Cabela's.
For most of the trip, Audrey fell asleep as soon as we got into the car. Unfortunately, she did not do this on the 10 hour drive home! She slept for maybe an hour and we kept her occupied for most of the way with the portable DVD player. She didn't get fussy until we were 30 minutes from the house. She's a pretty good little traveler!
The dogs are still at my folks house, but the first thing Audrey did when she got home was run into the back yard and yell "Hazel? Where's the ball?" She's going to be so excited to see them in the morning!
I was pretty lazy with taking pictures. I feel bad that I don't have any of Audrey with any of the seven great uncles, three great aunts and six second/third cousins that she met! Here is the sweet little dress she wore to the service. She got a lot of compliments on it from random people in the restaurant in Indiana. (Please ignore her sweaty messy hair. She's not a big fan of having her hair done lately, so I think I'm going to finally get it trimmed up soon, much to Daddy's dismay).
This is the bed hog. This was our king sized bed in Missouri. Andy had the tiny space by her head and I had the tiny space by her feet!
This is Audrey "roaring" at the lion at Brookfield Zoo. She's pretty scary!

2 comments:
she is beautiful! i read about her run-in with Gus. Crazy! Glad she's okay!
Post a Comment