Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring has Sprung


I can really tell that spring is here because in the past week, my little feline friends have brought me an injured lizard and a dead bird. Luckily, Audrey was napping during both "present offerings" so I didn't have to worry about her trying to pick them up.

After I got rid of the bird, I noticed that some stupid bird built a nest in the same exact spot where we had The Great Bird Massacre of '07. There are not any eggs in it yet so I'm going to try to rig something up to protect the babies when they arrive. Now that I think about it, I hope the dead bird from the house isn't the mama bird who built the nest!

Somebody called Andy to get what they thought was a rattle snake out of their yard. It was just a large rat snake, which my darling husband brought home and released in the back yard! Audrey thought he was pretty cool and even tried to give him a kiss - weirdo! I got a picture of it on Andy's camera, so I'll post it if he ever downloads it off of his camera.

Audrey did something else recently that makes me worried about her. She wanted a sip of Andy's coke, so he put a tiny bit into a shot glass for her (classy, I know). She took the glass, flung her head back and downed it like she was doing a shot! I can assure you that she's never seen us do a shot, she just coincidentally made the same motions!
I've mentioned her singing abilities many times... yesterday she started singing the ABC's. She mumbles through some of the letters, but she definitely says A, B, C, (baby singing), H, I, J, (really fast baby singing), and then there's a "dubba" thrown in towards the end. She's my little musical genius!

Since this is my blog and I need to vent, you get to read all about my crappy experience with B's Purses. If you ever get invited to one of their purse parties, don't go - or if you do, be careful if you pay by credit card! They overcharged my card and when I called their "customer service" number, the girl who answered was such a bitch! Apparently, I was bothering her with my petty $150 overcharge so she rudely told me to call the party rep. I've left her a voice message and an email and I still haven't heard back from her. I've also emailed the B's Purses customer service where I received a nice 'thanks for your email' email back. I had to call the credit card company to dispute the charge, which may take 6-8 weeks to resolve and blah, blah, blah. I just wanted a stupid overpriced backpack to use as a diaper bag and now I have to deal with this mess. Ugh!! (Edited Saturday to add that one of the co-owners of the company just called me and is going to take care of it on Monday. She was much nicer than the first lady!)
I'll leave you with a cute picture of Audrey and her new baby. Every time we go to the new Super Walmart (the largest Walmart in Georgia - woohoo!), she looks at this baby and wants to hold it. I never buy it for her because she has three smaller babies at home. Well, last weekend we took Grandma Carol to the new Walmart and Audrey ran over to the baby. Naturally, Grandma had to buy it for her ("If she wants it, she can have it!"). She picked out the one in the green outfit because it has a "froh" on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest little thing ever!!

What a hassle re: the overcharge. I cant stand it when a business messes up and acts all irritated when you call it to their attention. Craziness!


thanks for popping by my blog! :O)