So... at around 8:30 I go into Audrey's room to check on her for the zillionth time. As I am leaving, I hear this little scratching sound coming from the front corner of her room. I went down to get Andy and we went up into the attic.
I thought that the bats were hanging out on the screen on the inside of the attic vent, but they have found a hole and are actually in the space between the brick and the OSB on the side
Audrey's room is on!
There was a little bit of bat droppings in the attic - I suppose most of it has fallen down between the brick and house. I looked up the symptoms of histoplasmosis: "Symptoms of the acute lung infection are tiredness, fever, chills, chest pains, and a dry cough." How vague and generic is that? So now every time Audrey and I have a cold, I'm going to be pretty sure that we have histoplasmosis.
The poor kid probably has nightmares because she has to listen to that scratching for an hour or so every night while they all leave, plus I'm sure they make that noise when they are coming back at dawn.
I thought that the bats were hanging out on the screen on the inside of the attic vent, but they have found a hole and are actually in the space between the brick and the OSB on the side
There was a little bit of bat droppings in the attic - I suppose most of it has fallen down between the brick and house. I looked up the symptoms of histoplasmosis: "Symptoms of the acute lung infection are tiredness, fever, chills, chest pains, and a dry cough." How vague and generic is that? So now every time Audrey and I have a cold, I'm going to be pretty sure that we have histoplasmosis.
The poor kid probably has nightmares because she has to listen to that scratching for an hour or so every night while they all leave, plus I'm sure they make that noise when they are coming back at dawn.

No comments:
Post a Comment