Sunday, December 23, 2012

Catch Up Part 2: Birthday

Audrey turned SIX this month - hard to believe!  The same week she turned 6, I got a notice that it was time to reserve Bridget's spot for Pre-K next fall.  Talk about being punched in the gut twice in one week - quit growing up so fast kids!

Audrey was telling me early in the month about a conversation that she had with a classmate that cracked me up.  Her friend said "I only know one person with a birthday in December."  Audrey "Yeah... me!"  Friend: "Uh... I was talking about Jesus."  Audrey learned that December isn't all about her! ;)

She ended up having a 3 day long birthday celebration.  Her class did their holiday party on her birthday, so Andy brought in doughnuts for the class in the morning and I went at noon for her holiday party, where the kids sang and we decorated gingerbread (graham cracker) houses.

Out of the blue on the week of her birthday, she mentioned that she wanted an American Girl doll.  As much as I didn't want her getting into AG stuff, I didn't have any great ideas for her birthday gift, so after work, we all headed down to the mall so she could pick out her very first AG doll, who she named Britney.
On Saturday, we had to hurry from ballet, to Tyler's 9th (!) birthday party at Sky Zone, back home for Audrey's party.  Here is Bridget at Sky Zone - the place is pretty cool - it's an indoor trampoline place, but it was packed so it was a little overwhelming for the girls.  They were only brave enough to venture out on the big trampoline and skipped the foam pit and dodge ball (I don't blame them for that one - they were the only girls at the party and would have been clobbered!).
Audrey wanted a sleepover for her birthday, but she is a little to young for that, so we decided to do a pajama party.  We invited her BFFs over to watch a movie in their jammies and it turned out to be so much fun!

They didn't actually do a lot of movie watching, but that's ok!  At one point, they were trying to sneak up on Andy and were crawling on the floor under the desk giggling - pretty sneaky!  Here are the rest of the party pictures:
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGuU

Her 3rd birthday celebration was the family party on Sunday since the cousins couldn't come to her girls only jammie party!  I was a little tired of celebrating her birthday at that point! ;)

Last Friday, Bridget had her Christmas party at school where they sang and did a book exchange.  Bridget ended up with the book we brought in, but she didn't know any better, so that's ok!
A couple of weeks ago, Audrey came up to me and in a sing-songy voice, said "You need to tell me congratulations!"  She had lose tooth #3!  It was one of her upper front teeth.  Since then we have discovered that she has 3 more loose teeth - I don't know how she's going to eat soon!  That first upper tooth hung on for dear life and finally, last night, she got brave enough to let Andy pull it.  She looks so cute and talks funny without that tooth!
And finally, I have some cutesies instead of funnies today!

Bridget was singing and Audrey told her to be quiet because she was hurting her ears.  B got real sad and said "Audrey, you hurt my heart." :(

Audrey was being sweet with Bridget and I heard her say "I feel like I could just hug you all day.  You have been infected with cuteness!"

We hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: