Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Camping

We took the girls on their first camping trip last Sunday night.  Bridget was SO excited on Sunday morning and got dressed in a camo shirt and khaki cargo shorts.  My little diva, however, did not really want to go camping.  "I think I see rain clouds.  I don't want to see a bear.  I'll just have someone babysit me.  And I am not wearing camouflage or khaki!!"  She insisted on wearing a skirt camping and in the car on the way to the campground, she said "I am never doing this again!!"

After all of the drama, she ended up having a great time!

It was kind of a rainy night, but some how we lucked out on getting rained on too bad.  We went on a hike on the Appalachian Trail.  The girls like to pick up acorns and pretty rocks while in the woods, so they had their little bags and were collecting "treasures" along the way. (Side note: Bridget collected a bunch of acorns on our trip.  On Tuesday, when I picked up the girls from daycare, Audrey said "Bridget, I got you something!"  She reached into her pocket and pulled out 4 acorns that she found on the playground at VCE and grabbed for her little sis - so sweet!)  Bridget had a foot growth spurt recently and the only shoes that fit her were some floral Mary Jane type shoes and Crocs.  Not thinking, we took a hike in the Crocs, which led to a blister.  We had to turn around on our hike sooner than planned because of this and it started pouring down rain as soon as we made it back to the tent.

It let up long enough for us to make hot dogs over the campfire, then it poured again.  We got another little reprieve from the rain long enough to make smores.  Audrey ate one and then asked if she could just eat the chocolate.  Bridget ate the marshmallow that was squishing out of hers, threw the rest to the dogs and asked for some chocolate too!

Since we were confined to the tent, we had to find stuff to do to keep the girls occupied.  Audrey and I recently started our first chapter book, so she and I read that.  Andy taught Bridget how to play War, which in B's rule book, her cards are always higher!

The next morning, we went fishing in the lake we were camping off of.  Here was our big catch - I told Andy that he could brag to his friends that he caught a fish on a Disney Princess pole!
I think the girls both enjoyed their first camping trip and as a bonus, Andy realized that campgrounds with bathrooms are not necessarily a bad thing!

Enjoy the rest of the pictures - I have lots of stuff about school to post when I get a chance!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGtJ

No comments: