Sunday, August 5, 2012

Picture Post

I can't believe that summer is almost over and kindergarten starts on Thursday!  I figured I better update the blog before all of the exciting kindergarten posts begin.  :)

Our school system does a "Kindergarten Round Up" where they sent the bus out to pick up the little ones and their parents and take them to school for a tour so the bus won't be so new and scary.  Audrey and I dropped Bridget off at daycare and then went and stood out at the bus stop (luckily for us, it's at the top of our driveway!).  You can tell by the look on her face that I am embarrassing her already!

When we got to the school, they ended up taking the kids on a separate tour and Audrey loved it.  It got her really excited about starting school.  Every morning she asks if she gets to ride the bus to Vickery Creek yet! I am so nervous about her starting but I don't know why.  I ran out yesterday and bought a golf umbrella to use at the bus stop in case it is raining in the morning and a bunch of stuff to pack for her lunch even though she is only going 2 days next week.  I've been having dreams about lunch boxes and that I forgot to bring my camera to the bus stop on the first day!

Last weekend, we went to the children's salon for hair cuts.  I wanted both much shorter than they ended up, but that's ok.  Bridget looks even more blonde with her hair cut.  It gets lighter and lighter every day!

While the lady was cutting Audrey's hair, Audrey asked her to cut her bangs.  The lady looked at me and I said "If that's what she wants, go for it!"  It turned out pretty cute and Audrey loves them!  She was worried that no one would recognize her, so when she walked into Grandma Mary's house later, she held her hand over her bangs so Grandma would realize it was her. ;)  When I told her that they wouldn't recognize her at daycare, she said "Well, when I walk in with Bridget, they will know it's me."  Good thing Bridget was there!
Here are some cute pictures from my phone.


 I traced Bridget with sidewalk chalk and Audrey colored it in.  It looks just like her!


And here are some funnies:
The girls were dozing off in the car on the way home from Uncle PJ's birthday dinner.  Andy said "Oh good. Once they fall asleep, we can stop and get ourselves some milk shakes and we won't have to share them." Audrey perked up and said "If you get milk shakes without us, I am telling both your mothers to call the police!!"

Audrey to me while watching TV "Was everything in black and white when you were little?"  I'm not that old!

Andy had to drop the girls off at daycare the other morning because I had an early meeting.  Bridget started crying because she didn't want to go to school - "I want to go snow bear hunting with you Daddy!"

Bridget wanted me to take her across the street to talk to the neighbors one evening.  I told her no because I didn't have a bra on.  She kept insisting that I did and she finally pointed to my eye BROW and said "See, you do have a brow on."  I wouldn't want the neighbors to see me without my brows!


No comments: