To say that Audrey was excited about school starting would be an understatement. The kindergarten bus round up got her pumped up and she was asking every morning if it was time to go to Vickery Creek yet. On Wednesday (kindergarten started on Thursday), her daycare teacher asked me if Audrey was still going to after school there. I said "Yes... why?" She said that Audrey told everybody "I won't be here for the rest of the week because I am going to kindergarten."
On Wednesday night, I was a nervous/emotional wreck (I waiting until Andy was in the shower to do my crying because I was already driving him crazy with all of my nervousness!). Andy told Audrey that he would make her whatever she wanted for breakfast and she chose scrambled eggs, an orange and orange juice.
We went out to the bus stop a little early so I could take some pictures. The bus ended up being 10 minutes late which gave me more time to stand there freaking out. ;)
As soon as the bus stopped and opened the door, Audrey took off running and didn't even look back!
I got a little teary eyed as the bus pulled away. When we got back in the house after waving good bye to the bus, Bridget said "So, you wanna watch a movie?" I guess she thought that she and I were just going to hang out all day, which would have been nice! The emotions crept back up a little when I walked into the daycare with only one kid. Even Bridget felt a little nervous because she has never been to school without big sis there.
I tuned into the daycare web cam just as the bus was letting the kids off, so I was so happy to see my smiling little kindergartner make it safely into the daycare! She had a great time at school and loves her teachers! She doesn't know anyone in her class but she makes friends so easily that I'm not worried about it. It looks like the next chapter of our journey has officially begun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment