Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quick Post!

Just a quick post because I haven't updated in a while!  I'll add some more pictures when I have time!

We had a fun 4th of July.  I decided last minute that we needed to have folks over, so we had a good time with the Korey's and Anderson's.


We also discovered that we could drive to a shopping center a mile down the road and see fireworks.  They weren't the biggest display I've ever seen, but since the kids could barely sit still through them anyway, it was worth it!  Here are the rest of the photos:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGsv

Kindergarten is creeping up on us.  Last weekend, the Grandma's and I took the girls to the outlet mall to buy Audrey some new school clothes.  Now, we have to battle every morning because she wants to wear them all already but I know she will get them filthy before school starts.  I have purchased some of her school supplies but we need to get the rest and I'm going to let her pick out a new back pack.  She also said that she wants me to pack her lunch (boo!), so we'll have to find a cute lunch box too.

Today, she had her kindergarten assessment where they meet with the kids for about 20 minutes and see what all they know so they can divide the classes up equally.  Andy took her to this, so when I asked her about it, all she told me was "I don't know what we did.  They said I did a good job."  Andy had to fill out some paperwork about Audrey's likes and dislikes and what he thinks her strong points are - Lord only knows what he put - I kind of wish I had taken her to this!  She also brought home a packet with some homework for the first day of school and with some school rules.  I can't believe she starts school in 3 weeks!

And, for your random funny - Audrey was singing along with some song in the car the other day.  Apparently Bridget didn't like her singing because she yelled "Audrey!  Stop!  You are not Cyndi Lauper!"  Of all of the musicians for her to pick... that's my girl!!

No comments: