Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Time

B loves music and is always singing and wanting to listed to the radio (luckily she hasn't discovered Justin Bieber yet!).  This song has cute little motions to go with it - here are the lyrics so you can follow along (I had never heard it before she started singing it: "Mmm Ahh went the little green frog one day, Mmm Ahh went the little green frog.  And his eyes went Mmm Ahh Mmm Ahh Mmm Ahh Ahh.... Honk, honk went the big bad truck one day, Squish squash went the little green frog.  His eyes don't go Mmm Ahh anymore 'cause he got licked up by a dog. Ruff ruff!"


A couple of weeks ago, she was being sweet and said "Mommy, I like your face."  Me: "Ahh, thanks B!"  B: "And I like your fat arms!"  Thanks??  This picture is from Favorite Superhero Day at school. She didn't want me to take her picture - I get that face from her a lot.


Now that Audrey is a kindergartner, she is in Summer Camp instead of daycare (basically it's at the daycare  but it costs a lot more!).  She is having a blast!  She comes home every day with tons of artwork and they've already been on 2 field trips.  This is her Lorax tree painting that she made at a local pottery/canvas studio.


During her pre-K conference, her teacher was telling me how funny she thought it was that Audrey thinks so quick on her feet and always has a story for everything.  Her example was that Audrey was drawing a family picture and messed up Andy's head.  She scribbled it out and told her teacher that it was foggy so you couldn't see Daddy's head.  She has brought a couple of funny pictures home from camp.  This one is what she thinks my office looks like.  She said that the boss doesn't like his desk because it is old.
This one is Daddy shooting an alligator in order to protect a baby frog.  She wrote "Audrey, you're lazy."  I asked her why she made Daddy say that and she said that she was sleeping in the tent in the background while Daddy was fighting the alligator.  I can see why that would make him mad. ;)


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I thought I saw Audrey in a picture posted on the pottery studio's facebook page. Cute painting!