Last Friday, Audrey had ballet class photos. They were held at the high school theater where the recital will be and there were some other girls there having a dress rehearsal for their recital. Audrey was super pissed because she couldn't dance on the stage that night with her friends. I explained to her that we were just there for pictures and she was not a happy camper. I haven't seen the proofs yet, but she wouldn't smile very big for the photographer and she cried the whole way home.
I am encouraged by the fact that she was eager to dance on the stage - perhaps she won't just stand there frozen during her recital this coming weekend.
I had a pretty laid back Mother's Day. Andy learned the value of reading a card before you buy it. He picked out a card for the girls and just saw butterflies and "From The Both of Us" on front. When I opened it, it said something about one of us being born into the family and the other being welcomed into the family. Now I am trying to figure out which kid is not really ours. ;)
After a breakfast of gourmet doughnuts, we went to Best Buy where I got to pick out a fancy new camera! Unfortunately the girls and I will be out of town when it arrives so I won't have it for our vacation, but Andy will pick it up for me and I can play with it when I get back.
Yesterday, Charlie the caterpillar became Jacob the moth! Audrey was so excited to see that he had changed and decided that he needed a name change too. We put the jar outside with the lid off last night and of this morning, he hadn't flown away yet, so I hope he's ok!
Bridget had her final gymnastics class last night and Grandma Carol came along to take pictures. I was planning on taking the summer off from that class, but she likes it so much that I just may sign her back up for June. This picture cracks me up - this is her "Ta Da" pose:
Here are the rest of the pictures from class:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZM3DRozaNGl4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment