I have never thought anything of Friday the 13th, but today has me wondering if it is a cursed day! Bridget woke up at 3 am and screamed bloody murder until about 7 am when we had to leave for daycare. I had to go into work today because I will be out all next week, so I dropped Audrey off at daycare, brought B to work with me and made an appointment with the pediatrician.
Poor B has been talking about her right ear bothering her a little, but it's usually at night and she acts fine otherwise, so we thought she was just doing it for attention. Whenever Audrey had ear infections, she would get a high fever and be miserable, but Bridget didn't have a fever or anything. I figured I should take her in to get checked just in case since the girls and I are leaving for the beach on Sunday. I really thought that it was from her two year molars coming in.
The doctor looked in her left ear and said "Oh yeah, this one is bad and this isn't even the one she has been complaining about!" Her right ear was full of pus and was so bad that the eardrum had burst. I felt so bad! She can't get water in her ears until we get them rechecked in 10 days, which sucks because we are going to the beach, which from what I remember has a lot of water. We headed to the pharmacy and found out that the ear drops with the pain meds in them are $100 (that's with my insurance copay) so that wasn't fun to purchase right before vacation.
We got home and Audrey (who already has a dark purple "hickey" looking mark on her face from sucking a plastic cup around her mouth on Wednesday) decided to smell some orange tiger lilies. If you know anything about the pollen on those, you know that it is a really dark orange pollen that stains. She stuck her face in the flower and when I wiped it, it dyed her face a little orange. She has a dance rehearsal tonight and her recital tomorrow - I want to strangle her for bruising and dying her face this week! Now that I think about it, that will leave marks too! ;)
And, to top things off, I'm pretty sure I had a half of a blog entry typed up and saved to publish and when I logged on just now, I discovered that it's gone. Ya'll missed a great story about something - I just don't remember what right now!
Anywho, I'm done venting for now! I have to go get Audrey changed for dress rehearsal and keep my fingers crossed that nothing else happens today. I just heard thunder so I am expecting lightening to strike me or something. I'm going to need a drink when I get home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hah! This was entertaining. I have a 2 year old little girl, so I could feel your frustration.
Post a Comment