Monday, November 15, 2010

Similarities

We decided to try leaving Amos in the yard with Hazel this past week while we were at work instead of crating him up in the house.  He is small enough to fit through the fence, but he rarely leaves Hazel's side when they are out, so we figured he would be okay.  Sure enough, when I got home from work, I was greeted by a little face peeking out at me.  I had to snap a picture because he was sitting in the same spot where Roscoe used to sit and wait.

 When Roscoe was a puppy, he had a stuffed sheep that he carried around every day until Hazel shredded it.  We named him Sheepie.  On Thursday, Amos found a little stuffed sheep that goes with one of Bridget's baby dolls.  She never plays with it, so I let him have it because it also reminded me of Roscoe.  :)

He had his puppy check up on Friday and has gained 6 pounds in the past three weeks!  At this rate, he is going to be a big boy!

Speaking of similarities, Bridget has picked up on one of Audrey's habits.  She now has a posse of dolls and stuffed toys that she carries around with her.  She doesn't really have specific toys that she likes, but she has to grab everything in eyesight and take them downstairs in the mornings.  The other morning, I was trying to change her diaper while she clutched two dolls, Elmo, a sheep and a baby penguin!

I had a lazy birthday weekend.  The weather was wonderful, so after ballet on Saturday, the girls and I loaded up the wagon and headed to the Greenway.  It was close to nap time, so we weren't there long, but we had a good time.  Audrey wants to bring Amos next time, so we will have to get Andy to come with us.  He didn't want to risk missing kick off for the Georgia game, so he and the dogs did not join us.

On Sunday, Audrey surprised me with a signed card in the morning.  This may make me sound like a bad Mommy, but I had no idea that she could draw letters.  Every time I would try to work with her on letters, she would get frustrated and say "I can't do it!"  Andy had her write "Mom" on the envelope and sign the inside of my birthday card!  He said that the only letter that he had to show her how to do was an "M."  I love how she signed it "Audrey F." :)

We had kind of a lazy morning and then headed over to Mom and Dad's for a birthday dinner/Thanksgiving dinner since everyone else is going out of town for Turkey Day.  Before dinner, the kids made Oreo turkeys.  Here is Papa helping Audrey with hers:

And here is the final product.  Tina was telling Audrey to say "cheese," so that is what she is doing here!

And finally, here is a rare picture of Mommy.  Bridget has the turkey head (malted milk ball) in her mouth.  Her turkey didn't last long!

No comments: