Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Miss Independance

*Remember to check at the bottom to see if you are the 5,000th visitor and leave a comment if you are!*

We had a busy Fourth of July weekend. It started off for the girls on Friday when Grandma and Grandpa Farbotko came up with cousin Ian. Andy and I both had to work, so Ian helped watch Audrey and Bridget and they were running around like little maniacs when I arrived home!

On Saturday, Gabi and baby Ethan came over and she and I took the kids to the pool. I was a little nervous about having both girls by myself, but luckily for me, Ethan fell asleep so Gabi was a big help in the pool! This was Bridget's first pool trip and she loved it! I had Audrey in a life jacket and it really helped her to become comfortable in the water, maybe a little too comfy because she kept saying "Let go, Mommy!"


Afterwards, we went over and had hamburgers with the Stevens clan, but since Audrey didn't nap after being at the pool, we made the wise decision to skip the fireworks. Both girls went to bed as soon as we got home.


Mary brought up some stuff that Steph's MIL picked up at a garage sale for the girls. One of the items was some princess wall stickers that matched Audrey's room, so we put them up on Sunday. This is one of the scenes:



Audrey has already rearranged another one of the scenes, so now there are two princes hanging out together while one of the princesses looks like she is talking to Audrey's lamp. ;) I searched around online and found some purple and yellow flower stickers that also have little bugs for Bridget's room. They should be in any day now!

Audrey is doing awesome with her potty training. On Sunday, I watched her pull her undies down, go potty and pull the undies back up without saying a word to me about it. I need to get brave enough to take her out of the house without a pull up to see what happens - maybe I'll start with a walk around the block so it won't matter if she has an accident! We also need to work on wiping and not crying when the toilet paper gets flushed. :)

No comments: