Monday, November 12, 2007

Fever... in the morning, fever all through the night

We won't be making our trip to Columbus tomorrow. Audrey's daycare called me around 2:00 to come pick her up because she had a fever. (Side note: it makes your heart drop a little when you see "Daycare" on your caller ID. You know they aren't calling for something good. "I was just calling to tell you that Audrey is having a great day!") I suspected that her ear infection had never cleared up, so I took her straight to the pediatrician. Sure enough, her right ear is still infected pretty badly.

The doc said that there is tons of pus in there and that her ear looked "tense," so the drum may burst and I may see pus and fluid dripping out of her ear! She said this all very non-challantly. I asked her if I should call if that happened and she said no, so then I asked if I was supposed to just sit at home and freak out over pus dripping out of my baby's burst eardrum!

Anyway, we are on amoxicillan again, which she is so sick of so she fights it and cries every time she has to take it. This time, when I picked up the medicine, the pharmacy had put a sticker on the bottle that says "This medication may decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills." Audrey has a lot of explaining to do if she's on birth control!

Reminder - if you notice that you are the 1,000th visitor (the counter is at the bottom of the page), sign in and let us know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was the 1000th visitor!!! Wahoo!!! I am addicted to your blog, I can't believe how big Ms. Audrey has gotten. I hope Audrey gets to feeling better and you are able to get some good sleep here in the near future!

Amanda said...

Poor Audrey. Feel better soon, baby girl!