We are about 2 months in now and Audrey loves kindergarten! Here is one of my favorite pictures from her at the bus stop because she doesn't look like such a big girl - she looks more like my little baby.
They knew what they were doing when they put Audrey in Mrs. Pierce's class because her teacher is a science lover like Audrey's folks! Every Friday, they have science day. Audrey has a little notebook that she writes/draws about the experiments that they do. They even have to form a hypothesis before the experiment. She comes home talking about how fire needs oxygen and it lets off carbon monoxide and about how vinegar and baking soda make a chemical reaction - pretty big words for a 5 year old!
She also loves music and art class. She came home with this picture of Rapunzel and Pascal (he is eating a fly). The lines in Rapunzel's hair are the braids and ribbons.
For this one, the art teacher told them to draw an owl and then draw something funny with it. There is a girl sitting on a stool playing a harp and a disco ball with Audrey's owl. :)
Her teacher's assistant told us on curriculum night that she is an art major and loves Audrey's drawings because they are always so colorful and detailed. She said that she doesn't even have to look at the name on the pictures to know which ones are Audrey's!
A couple of weeks ago they had a Fun Run to raise money for playground equipment and library books. You could either make a flat donation or donate per lap and to be honest, I didn't think Audrey would run too many laps, so I just made a flat donation.
I went to watch during my lunch break and Audrey surprised me by taking the run very seriously. She would not pose for a picture for me and when I left an hour later, she was still running! There were a few kids who were in tears and whining after about 10 laps but Audrey was a running machine!
This past week, I volunteered as a classroom helper. On the day I was there, the kids were having reading groups and Audrey goes to another class for her group. The group I worked with was still working on drawing upper and lower case "A's." Audrey came back from her reading group with the following sheet (they are writing sentences and then illustrating them).
She is picking up so fast on her reading that she is now reading bedtime stories to me and Bridget.
Here is one last photo of my pretty girl from Hat Day:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment