Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Belated Mother's Day Post


I wanted to share some of my Mother's Day gifts before it gets to be Father's Day!  My weekend stared with Muffins with Mom at daycare.  I had breakfast with the girls and they gave me the gifts that they made at school.  Bridget's class made bookmarks, tye dye tee shirts and cards.  Here is B in her shirt - sorry it is out of focus but she wouldn't stand still!


And here is the inside of my card.  I love how Bridget thinks I like to "play superheros" in my spare time!

One of her teacher's has a photography business on the side and took this cute picture.

Audrey made me a magnet with her picture and also made an All About Mom card.

I was also treated to breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, which was nice.  Audrey brought me up some coffee and then walked in with a little pink plate and said "This isn't for you.  This is mine."  Luckily Daddy had a tray for me! ;)

Pre-K is coming to an end this week and then I suppose Audrey is officially a kindergartner.  We had an end of the year conference with Audrey's teacher and she said that the only thing Audrey really needs to work on for kindergarten is her scissor skills.  She said that Audrey is doing well in class, she catches on to new concepts easily and is eager to participate in class.  She shows good leadership skills and her favorite thing to do is be the teacher's helper.  She said that when they get to choose their own centers, she rarely chooses the art center and really likes the "Community Helper" center.  That is where they have a little play house and get to dress up like various community helpers.  She said that her interests lie mostly with social studies subjects, which surprised me because I thought she would be more into science.  She also said that Audrey is very compassionate with her friends.  One of her best friends mom has been in the hospital for a couple of months and is not doing very well.  She said that Audrey asks her friend every day how her mom is doing.  Audrey also talks about her sister a lot, which is sweet because Bridget's teacher says that B talks about Audrey a lot too!

Last Friday the school had  Pre-K Family Picnic at Fowler Park.  Andy couldn't get away from work but I was able to take a long lunch and spend time with Audrey while she decorated a beach ball, had lunch and ice cream.  I'm so proud of my big girl!


No comments: