Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Tooth!

Miss Audrey was a little fussy on Thurday night while I was cooking dinner. I, naturally, thought she was fussy because she missed her mommy and didn't want to hang with Daddy (in my defense, she did calm down after dinner when I was holding her!). Andy said that he could see a whitish spot on her bottom gum and that she was probably getting a tooth.

According to the What To Expect book, most babies don't cut their first tooth until they are 7 months old, and Audrey is only 4 1/2 months, so I was still confident that she was fussy because she wanted her mommy.

Cut to this afternoon: Audrey was lying on our bed "talking" and I caught a glimpse of something in her mouth. I stuck my finger in and lo and behold - a tooth! It's barely poking out of her gums and obviously doesn't bother her too bad. She has been super drooly lately and wants to stick everything in her mouth, but I thought it was just a sensory thing.

I guess sometimes father does know best.

No comments: